What to do if you think you’re being evicted from your property

You may be evicted without warning or cause of action, or without giving any reason. 

Some property owners will have a problem with the fact you didn’t make the proper paperwork. 

Other owners will not accept that you’re not responsible for your property. 

Whatever the reason, it can be a difficult process to get out. 

Here’s what to do in the event that you think your property is being taken away without cause.

If you think there’s a problemWith the number of people who claim their properties without ever being told, the amount of time it takes to get your property back can be frustrating. 

If you find your property has been seized without warning and you’re stuck in a frustrating situation, you can apply for a declaration of possession. 

You can then have the property returned to you. 

It will then be yours for a few weeks before it’s returned to the property owner. 

A declaration of the property’s seizure and return is also called a declaration for possession, which allows you to reclaim any money or other property you had with the property.

What to doIf your property’s been seized and you need to get it backYou can apply to have the seizure and the return to you, but you’ll need to make the application before the property is returned. 

Your application can be made to the Property Recovery Agency, the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG), the Department of Social Protection or the National Council for Housing. 

The DCLG can issue you with a declaration that says your property belongs to the government. 

However, you won’t be given any money. 

An application can also be made if you want to get a copy of any paperwork, such as a notice to return a notice of possession or a notice that the property was seized and not registered. 

How to make an application to get property returnedHow to get the property backThe process of getting a property back depends on whether the owner is in a care home or is in another part of the country.

If your landlord has declared the property to the DCLGs, the property can be returned to them as long as they give you a declaration and the notice to give. 

This will usually happen within 10 days. 

After that, the DCLAG will send you a notice for your return, which can take up to 30 days.

The property will be returned if it has been registered with the DLA, but the DFLG can still take the property if you haven’t registered it.

If the property isn’t registered and you have to go to courtIf you have a dispute with the owner, you may have to pay a court-ordered cost. 

Costs are usually in the order of $1,500 or less and you can get them by using the court’s online system. 

In some cases, you’ll have to find a lawyer to represent you.

If that doesn’t work, you could appeal against the DLCG’s decision in the High Court. 

Once you’ve appealed, you must pay the costs in full. 

There’s a limit on the amount you can claim, and it depends on how much you’ve already paid. 

For example, if you owe more than the amount in the Notice to Return Notice of the Property, you cannot claim that you were evicted on your own.

If all you can affordTo get your money back, you need a declaration from the DSLG or the DGLG that you are the rightful owner of the land and that you own it. 

Sign up to the National Housing Federation’s property recovery service (NHF) if you’re unsure of your legal options. 

To get a declaration, you will need to give your landlord (or care home owner) a copy of the declaration. 

Landlords can usually get their own copies of declarations, but if you don’t have a copy, you might want to check your local council or local housing authority.

If there are no notices to return, the best option is to appeal the decision. 

Appeals can take a long time and they’re unlikely to be heard in court. 

But if you decide to go through with the appeal, the NHF will contact you to set out the costs of the appeal and what you need. 

These costs include legal fees and the cost of court proceedings.

If no court hearing is set, you should apply for an extension to the hearing, which could be as long to a few months as it takes for the NHLF to process your appeal. 

When an appeal is granted, you have two options:You can ask the DPLG to issue a temporary order to the owner that lets them stay on until the appeal is over. 

That could be in the meantime. 

Alternatively, you want the owner to pay the